15.2.16

doll making



A dear friend will be having a baby soon.  When I asked whether there was anything she wanted for her baby, she requested a soft doll.


And so I made the softest, sweetest doll imaginable.



My 5 year old hugged her close before she was gently wrapped, packed in a box and sent across the country.  He was very sad to see her go, but the best consolation is knowing how much she will be loved in her new home.

note: I used this velour fabric from A Child's Dream for the doll's body. It is the softest, most wonderful fabric ever.

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful, soft and sweet looking. Made with love and sent with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I wish I could have hugged her once before she was sent off, too!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have, too. I have left over fabric if you want a bit make something.

      Let me know when you guys might be free. We'd love to see you (all of you -- maybe plan a dinner?)

      Delete
  3. So lovely.....Did you use a specific pattern for this? Best wishes from Tasmania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I created my own pattern. I fabricated a standard Waldorf/Steiner doll head and extended the base-tubing twice the length of the head to create a body. To the body, I added soft arms (with hands) and legs (with feet), then dressed the doll in a romper to cover the body.

      Best wishes from California!
      mb

      Delete
  4. She is sweet. I would have a hard time letting her go too.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)