28.4.13

Bedtime Reading



Every night before bed, we have been reading The Cats of Tanglewood Forest by Charles DeLint, illustrated by Charles Vess.  It's an intriguing (slightly spooky) story woven through with folklore sprung from imagination of the author. And though the story is new, it has the feel of being deeply rooted in old tradition.  Plus, we simply cannot get enough of the illustrations by Charles Vess.


Having recently created a book trailer of our own, I've come to appreciate and enjoy the concept of book-trailers... All to say, I went in search of a trailer so I could share a peek inside The Cats of Tanglewood Forest with you, but there was no trailer to be found.  Instead, I found a beautiful trailer for another book called Instructions.  The author of Instructions is Neil Gaiman and the illustrator, Charles Vess, is the same as The Cats of Tanglewood Forest.  I hope you like this video as much as we did.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds nice. I haven't heard of that book. And a book by Neil Gaiman? I'll have to look into that too. We're currently reading the Magic Faraway Tree books by Enid Blyton. My 6yo boy is loving them!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)