4.10.11

Chicken Soup With Rice

This October 
I will read
A book so fine, 
it's pedigreed.
Maurice Sendak's 
famous creed:
Reading once
reading twice
reading chicken soup
with rice.

I have lost count of how many times I've already read this to my wee Bloom today, and I expect to read it a few dozen times more before the day is done.  He stands by the rocking chair and pats the seat, indicating that I should sit down.  He chants, "BAH-bah-bah," which means he wants me to read a book with rhymes, and then he hands me one of our tired, battered, ancient copies.  And so we begin again...

Reading once
reading twice
reading chicken soup
with rice.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! With many of my boys books, I turned them into songs so that I could sing them whereever we were. It worked out great & helped keep them mildly interesting to me, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)