8.4.10

Cluck

We were in Los Angeles over the weekend and my mother asked me to stop by the grocery store to pick up some more matzah. When I walked past the Easter display this little chicken (on clearance for $1.50) caught my eye. Her vacant, slightly cross-eyed pout is so funny...

Her stylish polka-dot kerchief is perky...

And when you push down on the top of her head, she squats, flaps her wings and lays a little bubble-gum egg...

She seems happy with her new home on the windowsill over the kitchen sink. I like to look at her while I wash the dishes (she just stares back at me with that funny, glazed expression.) Cluck, cluck, cluck!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same chicken!!!
    BTW, just found your blog and absolutely LOVE!!!! it!
    Being Jewish myself and sharing the love of everything that has to do with fairies and gnomes :), I feel like we were separated at birth (ha-ha).

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)